The President’s Standing Committee on Service, informally known as the “Service Board,” is responsible for collecting and coordinating information on community service and making recommendations to the President’s Senior Cabinet regarding off-campus community service initiatives. The Board consists of representatives from Athletics, Alumni Relations, Campus Ministry, Career Services, College Relations and Planning, the Dean of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies office, the Feinstein Institute for Public Service, Office of Residence Life, the School of Professional Studies, SAIL (Student Activities, Involvement and Leadership), and Student Congress.
Culture of Service
The Service Board coordinates the gathering of information on student and faculty involvement in service. During the 2016-2017 academic year, Providence College students volunteered nearly 43,000 hours at more than 100 community agencies, schools, and other non-profit organizations.
Service Board Members
The Service Board is charged with collecting and coordinating information on community service opportunities and make recommendations to the President’s Senior Cabinet regarding off-campus community service initiatives.
- Kate Corwin, ’19
- Heidi Fraitzl, Campus Ministry
- Marlena Forrester, ’18
- Meghan Griffiths, Feinstein Institute (Co-Chair)
- Sharon Hay, Student Activities
- Kate Holleran, ’18
- Lizzie Kravatz, Feinstein Institute
- Jill LaPoint, Athletics
- Jenna Lemoi, Advancement Services
- Alycia Pessoa, Public Affairs & Community Relations
- Bob Pfunder, Campus Ministry (Co-Chair)
- Ralph Tavares, Dean’s Office
- Stanley Vieira, Student Affairs
- Abby Wolf, ’18